You can follow the link below to access the survey:
THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF AUDIENCE AND FAN STUDIES
Audience and Fan Studies are fields of scholarship that have developed in a number of traditional academic areas, including but not limited to anthropology, communication, composition/rhetoric, computer science, film studies, folklore studies, information technology studies, law, library science, literary studies, media studies, performance studies, psychology, sociology, television, studies, etc.
This new organization will promote cross-disciplinary communication, activities, and scholarship through traditional academic venues, including:
- Creation and management of a web page with forums for announcements and discussions for scholars in a range of fields;
- Creation and management of an e-mail listserv to serve the interests of scholars in the field;
- Publication of an online newsletter;
- Creation and management of interdisciplinary activities such as study days, mini-conferences, and, eventually, an online conference in Second Life;
- Creation and management of on-line academic journal;
- Other academic projects dictated by the interests of the membership.
Scholarship in any of the following areas can be considered to fall under the association's area of interest (although this list is selective not comprehensive):
Fan Art, Culture, Fiction, Film, Vids
Memorabilia and Collecting
Video gaming (online, console, PC)
Virtual and face-to-face communities and cultures
As new media technologies and the World Wide Web offer more venues for creativity, more new topics for scholarship will develop.
If interested contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yahoo Announcement List: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iaafs/
LiveJournal Community: http://community.livejournal.com/iaafs/p
This community is the primary blog for the IAAFS, and carries announcements directly relating to the development and growth of the organization. Posting access is currently limited, but all interested parties are welcome to join/watch the community.
- The IAAFS exists to facilitate scholarly activities in the interdisciplinary areas of Audience and Fan Studies.
Audience and Fan Studies are fields of scholarship that have developed in a number of traditional academic areas, including but not limited to Anthropology, Communication, Composition/Rhetoric, Computer Science, Film Studies, Folklore Studies, Law, Library Science, Literary Studies, Media Studies, Musicology, Psychology, Sociology, Information Technology Studies, etc.
This organization's mandate is to promote cross-disciplinary communication, activities, and scholarship through a variety of academic venues.